- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is available to all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters regional 117 internal applicants will get consideration that is first. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard performing hours are 40 hours each week. Candidates must certanly be offered to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions associated with Fair Labor guidelines Act and it is perhaps perhaps not overtime-eligible.
JOB DEFINITION: The duties with this category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and continue maintaining a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents guarantee conformity with appropriate regional, Washington State and air that is federal wastewater and security laws and needs and therefore are accountable for preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the task of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations consist of employing, review and evaluate worker task performance and provide constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Plan, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team and also the long-range preparation and scheduling of a team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work by the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition materials and equipment, maintain stock, ensure requisition procedures are followed and also make budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned portion of major construction jobs with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range unique tasks; offer direction to senior staff on unique tasks.
- Assist senior staff in scheduling and prioritizing work purchases along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply https://connecting-singles.net training to other people and training that is maintain on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to unusual occurrences and emergencies; simply take corrective action as appropriate. Might be in charge of news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control gear and systems making use of computer that is complex. Take part in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to management and state and federal agencies that are regulatory.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes as well as other operations.
- Perform the duties for the other classifications in the Wastewater Treatment Operations series as needed.
- Be accessible to operate all change schedules, including rotating changes; might be necessary to be on standby and/or call-out status and susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with task administration strategies and maxims
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is remote control system for the gear and systems when you look at the initial, primary and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to regulate, run and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced understanding of experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training in the equipment and systems within the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, odor control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and applying technical information from plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a working that is effective because of the general general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, associates along with other workgroups.
- Advanced understanding of higher level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater treatment systems and processes and complex smell control systems and also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge within the application of participative workplace company concepts, such as the company preparation procedure, the establishment of requirements and feedback, communication, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice generating and facilitation.
- Some understanding of purchasing policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and workload that is short-term, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work requests.
- Experience into the application of security policies, procedures and methods for restricted room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, hazardous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing conservation, preventing straight straight back accidents, breathing protection, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in higher level training to meet up with or go beyond King County, state and federal laws
- Supervisory skills to lead, teach and advisor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just just take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and decision-making skills
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- CPR and aid certification that is first
SELECTION PROCESS: A process that is competitive will likely to be utilized for this selection procedure. Post on interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. Outside applicants will need connections for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more details about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific